Saturday, October 14, 2006

Science Fiction...

So I watched X Men: The Last Stand today with my dad who is in town for a coulple days (it was pretty good, about a 6 or a 7 out of 10). It got me tihnking though about the kind of movies I like, and one of the first genres that comes to mind is Science Fiction (or "Sci-Fi" if you're cool). I am very aware that Sci-Fi bores the pudding out of a lot of people, so I had to ask myself - "why do I like it so much?"
Here's a few possible explanations:
1. Sci-Fi is always asking the question "what if?" This is appealing to me. I like it when a movie makes me consider some idea that has never entered into my brain before. Which leads me to point #2...
2. Science Fiction allows the writer to to take his/her imagination to the ultimate extreme. Anything goes. Creativity is good. Thinking outside of the box is good.
3. I'm pretty much a tech geek. That means imagining to what extremes teachnology might evolve is very fascinating for me.

So there it is. There's my best explanation for why I like Sci-Fi. There, I bet you're whole perspective on life has changed now because of this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is actually a really good explaination of what I like about Sci-Fi (wow, I'm cool now!). Now why this post hasn't changed my whole perspective on life, I'm sure most posts will make me think, and that's why I'll read every day.

One more thing..."bores the pudding...". Great. Now I have a visual image!