Saturday, September 20, 2008

Praise God!

So, I finally heard back from the HR lady at La Frontera, who had caused me to question whether I would still have a job this week. The president of the school I graduated from and she finally got in touch, and she said that I was all set. Praise God!

When I talked with her yesterday, she said (without saying it), that she was going to turn a blind eye to the fact that the accreditation status of my degree was a little sub-standard. She said something to the effect of, "All I need is verification that you were awarded a degree." So, I get to keep my job, and since I got everything out in the open, I can go on with a clear conscience, not worrying that soon they will discover that I'm not truly qualified.

What did I learn from this?

Honesty really is always the best policy. I really felt a wonderful peace from God when I decided I was just going to lay it all out on the table for them, and then let the chips fall where they may. I knew there was a possibility that I would lose my job, but I knew that God would honor my obedience. As it turns out, He honored it even more than I expected! I basically did everything I could to give them a legitimate excuse to fire me, but they didn't. God allowed me to keep my job. God is an awesome God!

No comments: